The role of the school Special Education Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator is a shared role between Miss Rebekah Fielding and Mrs Andrea Horrocks. Mrs Horrocks is also the Child & Family Support Advisor.
Please click on the following link for a brief overview SEND Information for Parents.
You may also be interested to read SEND Information Report 2016
For a more detailed description of the SEND Provision please click the following link SEND Local Offer
Information for Parents
SEND terms you may come across
SEND – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
LDD – Learning Difficulties and/or Disability
SENDCo – Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator. The person responsible for the overview and organisation of Special Needs and Disability throughout the school.
SEND Register – List of children who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Individual plans. All Plans are tailored to the child’s needs. Targets are set and a TA works with the child to achieve them. They are reviewed a least three times a year and are always discussed with. Terms used include:
• IPP – Individual Pupil Plan
• IEP – An Individual Educational Plan
• CAF – Common Assessment Framework
• TAF Plan – Team Around the Family Plan
TA – Teaching Assistant
School Support – is the term that refers to both of the following:
• School Action – The first stage on the SEND register. When a child’s needs cannot be met by differentiation in the class teaching an assessment is made and an IEP written.
• School Action Plus – If a child does not make progress then additional advice is sought from an outside agency.
Education and Health Care Plan (EHC Plan) – The outcome of a Statutory Assessment. If a child has a range of complex needs and there is multi-agency involvement, the school can apply for a Statutory Assessment. The EHC Plan will set out the needs and targets for the child and type of support required.
Main Categories on the SEND register
• C & L – Cognition and Learning
• SE & MH – Social, Emotional and Mental Health
• C – Communication
• S & P – Sensory and Physical
Main Outside Agencies
• SLCN Speech and Language Therapy Department
• EP Educational Psychologist
• OT Occupational Therapy
• IDSS Inclusion, Disability and Support Service
• ELCAS East Lancashire Child and Adolescent Service (Mental Health)
• Tor View School Inclusion Service
• Clinical Psychology Service
• Paediatric Department
• Audiology Service