At St Paul’s Church of England school we strive for children to be a ‘Primary Literate Pupil’
By the age of eleven we aim for a child to be able to:
· read and write with confidence, fluency and understanding, orchestrating a range of independent strategies to self-monitor and correct.
· have an interest in books and read for enjoyment
· have an interest in words, their meanings; developing a growing vocabulary in spoken and written forms.
· understand a range of text types and genres – be able to write in a variety of styles and forms appropriate to the situation.
· be developing the powers of imagination, inventiveness and critical awareness.
· have a suitable technical vocabulary to articulate their responses.